Walk or Run to Fight Pancreatic Cancer
Make a difference!
Change the relationship between
human beings & pancreatic cancer
Pancreatica Walks and Runs is an initiative of the 501(c)(3) nonprofit Cancer Patients Alliance. All donations are tax-deductible.
As a participant in Pancreatica Walks and Runs
you pledge to raise money by walking or running in one of our select events
or any race of your choosing. We give you fundraising tips, training plans, prizes and more!
This is a wonderful opportunity to help in the fight against pancreatic cancer while…
"The weekend was absolutely amazing and inspiring!! I had a fantastic time raising funds for this charity."
- Doing something remarkable
- Contributing to a good cause
- Making new friends
- Being an example for others to be inspired to action
- Learning more about fitness, health, and fundraising
or more information and to get started, please call 831-372-0900 or Contact Us!
See more testimonials like this...
ToFightCancer.com supports efforts aimed at increasing the funding support for pancreatic cancer.
- Cancer of the pancreas is the most virulent of the major cancers;
- it is also the least funded of the major cancers. A combination with terrible consequences.
- Cancer is now the most common cause of death in the world; The second most common in the U.S. (behind cardiovascular disease).
- Pancreatic is the fourth most common cause of cancer mortality (behind lung cancer, colorectal cancer and breast cancer).
- It is the third most common cause of cancer death in men and the fifth in women.
- 250 people in North America and Europe will die TODAY from pancreatic cancer. (106,000 deaths per year).
- The U.S. National Cancer Institute funds pancreatic cancer research at shockingly low levels (year 2005-07 figures). Pancreatic cancer research receives (per mortality):
- 15% of the funding of breast cancer (but causes 82% of the mortality)
- 17% of the funding of prostate cancer (but causes more mortality)
- 41% of the funding of colorectal cancer (but causes 63% of the mortality)
- Remember, cancer of the pancreas will cause tens of thousands of deaths in the U.S. this year, more than 1% of all U.S. mortality. Pancreatic cancer is the least funded cancer in terms of research, and is the most aggressive of the major cancers.