Have Fun, Raise Awareness & Funds
Support Pancreatic Cancer Research!
1. Choose one of our listed walks or runs, OR choose one of your own as part of our Dedicate-A-Race program!
2. Sign Up! We will set you up with a fundraising website and help you along the way!
"We had such a great experience with Pancreatica Walks and Runs, truly an inspiring experience for me and my family!"
Raise Awareness - Increase Education!
Program Benefits for fundraisers
- E-training option
- Athletic apparel
- Personalized webpage
- Fundraising tips, techniques and support
- Awareness bracelet & Award certificate
- Dedication bib
- Prizes (think iPods!) for top fundraisers
- Do something remarkable; contribute to a good cause; have fun!
- AND MUCH MORE…
Why Pancreatic Cancer?
Cancer of the pancreas is the most virulent of the major cancers; it is also the least funded of the major cancers. A combination with terrible consequences.
Cancer is now the most common cause of death in the world; The second most common in the U.S. (behind cardiovascular disease). Pancreatic is the fourth most common cause of cancer mortality (behind lung cancer, colorectal cancer and breast cancer). It is the third most common cause of cancer death in men and the fifth in women.
250 people in North America and Europe will die TODAY from pancreatic cancer. (106,000 deaths per year).
The U.S. National Cancer Institute funds pancreatic cancer research at shockingly low levels (year 2005-07 figures). Pancreatic cancer research receives (per mortality):
- 15% of the funding of breast cancer (but causes 82% of the mortality)
- 17% of the funding of prostate cancer (but causes more mortality)
- 41% of the funding of colorectal cancer (but causes 63% of the mortality)
ToFightCancer.com supports legislative and other efforts aimed at increasing the funding support for pancreatic cancer treatment and research at the U.S. Federal level and at the State level.
Remember, cancer of the pancreas will cause tens of thousands of deaths in the U.S. this year, more than 1% of all U.S. mortality. Pancreatic cancer is the least funded cancer in terms of research, and is the most aggressive of the major cancers.Register Now!
Walk or Run in one of these great Races. Join us in the fight and fundraise for a great cause!
Pancreatic Cancer Facts:
Cancer of the pancreas is the least funded cancer in terms of research.
Cancer of the pancreas is the most aggressive of the major cancers.
Pancreatic cancer causes more than 1% of all U.S. deaths.
Join our walk or run program in Social Media!
Check out the Pancreatica Blog!
Share updates and pictures of your Walk or Run!
Walk or Run!